Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Hope all of the mothers out there felt honored today. During our teen class we made handprints for our moms (yup, you read that correctly) and we attached this poem to our handprints.

The Last Handprint

Remember how you used to get discouraged
Because I was so small?
And now your frustration rises
When I forget to call.

It used to be left fingerprints
On furniture and walls,
Now it is dirty clothes left out and
Evening teacher calls.

The days of changing diapers
Have long since passed.
A diploma, briefcase, and wedding band
I soon will clasp.

I’m no longer growing big each day,
And I’m already quite tall;
But I still need your loving arms,
To catch me if I fall.

I may not seem to listen
To all of your wise words,
But one day you’ll realize
How much from you I’ve learned.

One last handprint
To hang upon the fridge,
To remember how much I love you
As I cross this teenage bridge…

No comments: